Google for Nonprofits has been providing to grants and other various benefits to NGOs. Google provides grants and support to the eligible NGOs. The NGOs who are eligible have to sign up through the single application process. After that NGOs can access Google suite of products offerings that are designed by Google for the NGOs. These Google offerings include up to $10,000 a month in advertisement on Google AdWords (https://www.google.com/adwords) to reach NGOs upto more donors, free or discounted Google Apps to reduce IT costs and to operate them more efficiently, YouTube premium features and Google mapping technologies to create awareness for the causes of NGOs. Google has also developed other useful online resources for NGOs like educational videos, case studies and better ways so the NGOs can connect them with other Non Profit Organisations and Networks.
- The Certify Terms for Google for Non Profits include certain terms that include that you have to certify that your organisation must be registered and recognised charity or Non-Profit Organisation in India as per eligibility guidelines.
- NGO must not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programmes and services and NGO must not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring/employment practices.
- NGO may receive this donation under its own policy and applicable laws and regulations. You have to clearly declare and cerify that the provided donation will not negatively impact Google’s current or future ability to do business with applicant NGO. The donation provided by Google will not be used to corruptly influence any government official to obtain or retain business or any improper advantage.
- The following are Eligibility Guidelines for verification of NGO in India:
- NGO must be currently registered with BigTech, TechSoup Global’s regional arm.
- NGO must be classified as one of the following:
A) NGO registered under Sections 12A and/or 80G of the Income Tax Act
B) Organisations/NGOs must be registered as one of the following legal forms:
i) Registered societies under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
ii) Public charitable trusts under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882.
iii) Section 8 companies under the Companies Act, 2013 (formerly Section 25 companies under the Companies Act, 1956
iv) NGO must have FCRA. Only NGOs with a valid registration certificate under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 (FCRA) may receive foreign contributions from Google.
The signing authority of NGO must have to provide certificate number of various registration when filling the application form for velidation and verification for eligibility and certification for terms.
NGO office bearer can apply for the Google for Nonprofits program and get access to exclusive products and resources to help your organization expand its impact. you can apply https://www.google.co.in/intl/en/nonprofits or https://www.google.com/nonprofits. You can apply for the Grants for the NGO at https://www.google.org.
Here at https://www.google.org you can find the option for support provided by Google such as Global Grant Giving Project, Local Giving Options, Google Special Programs for NGO, Products opportunities for NGO. In Global Giving programs Google accelerate and scale the work of innovators around the world who are using technology to combat humanity’s biggest challenges. Local Giving Program is for the places where to live and work. Google supports NGOs in their efforts to tackle the major challenges of society and make stronger to the communities. Google also provide grant and support for special Projects. Google observes that where the giving is going they are providing through the NGOs. Google is developing tech products to support NGOs amplify impact, grow fundraising base of NGOs and make it easier for people to support their work.
Each year, Google donates $100,000,000 in grants, 80,000 hours and $1 billion in products. (As declared by Google on December 2015)
You can find some useful information for Grant and other kind of support by accessing the links:
- Google for Nonprofits